Here we go, things are about to get real! March has been one of those non-stop months where as soon as I get my head above water, something is there to push me right back down. Oh look the surface... gurgle, gulp... cough... nope!
So, we find ourselves in Emily's kitchen one Saturday afternoon cooking up a storm with her mom and dad. Everything from Italian sausage (which by-the-way was stuffed right there before our eyes) and mixed salad greens, to spinach gnocchi and ricotta crostini. It was an incredible feast! It was also nice to hear firsthand what inspired Emily to write Per La Famiglia: Memories and Recipes of Southern Italian Home Cooking; her family. And that becomes very obvious as you flip through her book. Each recipe tells a story, whether it's Emily's own memories of eating a particular meal or tidbits from Italian culinary history, giving the book a very personal feel.
The #PerLaFamigliaBloggers Are At It!
A few bloggers and myself were so excited about the release of Emily's new cookbook that we organized a little Per La Famiglia Blog Hop! So make sure you hop-along and check out all the blogs!
- The Brunette Baker // Ricotta Cannoli
- Dinner with Julie // Ricotta and Spinach Gnocchi
- The Busy Baker // Amaretti Cookies
- The Tasty Gardener // Polenta with Sausage and Rapini
- Libby Roach // Nonna Ortenzia's Meatballs
- She Eats // Egg and Raisin Bread
- Devour & Conquer // Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Butter
- Eating Niagara // Potato Doughnuts
- Gotta Get Baked // Hazelnut Chocolate Filled Cookies
- Once Upon a Recipe // Balsamic Roasted Pear Wedge with Proscuitto
- Culinary Cool // Spinach Ricotta Cannelloni
- The Yum Yum Factor // Pickled Eggplant
- Kelly Neil // Roasted Tomatoes
- Strawberries for Supper // Baked Pasta with Sausage and Ricotta
// #PerLaFamiglia Giveaway \\
Prize: A signed copy of Per La Famiglia, a gnocchi board, and a three-piece Microplane Elite Grater/Zester set. Prize is valued at $75 CDN.
To Enter: Follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter below. You must leave a comment in order enter. No purchase of any product necessary for entry.
Open To: Canadian residents of legal age (void in Quebec)
Giveaway Closes: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 11:59pm
a Rafflecopter giveaway
No purchase necessary to enter. This giveaway is open to all legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority at the time of the contest in the province or territory in which they reside. Giveaway will run from Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 12:01am to end on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 11:59pm. Winner is chosen at random via Rafflecopter. Winner will be contacted via email and given 48 hours to respond. If not, a new winner will be chosen. Winner selected MUST correctly answer a skill-testing mathematical question. Winner's name will be displayed on Rafflecopter widget. Email address will never be given out to any third party or anyone for that matter.
Disclaimer: While HarperCollins provided me with a copy of "Per La Famiglia" I was not compensated in any other way for this post. All opinions are my own.