My schedule for the day was a full one - an opening assembly with Un-Principal Scott Stratten, followed by sessions on Voice of a Brand, How Social Media and Numbers Lie, Social SEO, and Social Media Strategy.
Of course we had lunch in the TweetStock High Cafeteria where I was joined by two cool kids (Shannon of PTPPodcast and TJ of Dear Photograph)... and yes, we ate our lunches out of brown paper bags! Nice touch by the catering!
I found a lot of the speakers' content, remarks and observations could not only be applied to businesses but bloggers as well. Your blog, your twitter account, your facebook page - it's all a part of your "blogger brand" so why not treat it the same way a business would? It's all about engaging with your followers, building a trusting relationship, and creating content/stories that will keep them coming back. Out of the days worth of wonderful comments I as able to pull 10 that I believe would benefit businesses and bloggers alike.
10 Tips for Bloggers & Businesses:
- Do great things and you will be talked about in social media. ~ @unmarketing
- Passion + Knowledge = Awesome ~ @unmarketing
- You can't automate awesome! It's the people that make it awesome! ~ @unmarketing
- Social media fixes nothing, it just amplifies. ~ @unmarketing
- Twitter is not dictation, it's conversation. ~ @unmarketing
- Branding is what you do... it's your actions. Social influence is your brand, it's always changing. ~ @unmarketing
- Content is free. Context is where the value is! ~ @RLavigne42
- Anything you say about your business is a claim. Anything someone else says about you is a fact. Get testimonials. ~ @johnmorgan
- The future of business is marketing WITH people... not AT them. ~ @johnmorgan
- Make a list of all the things your competitors don't do, and go do them! ~ @johnmorgan