There is something to be said about soft & chewy peanut butter cookies. You know, the ones that are just a bit crispy around the edges, and have a soft, chewy center. I have tried many, many times to get the perfect consistency - which I assure you, is not easy to do. These cookies however, are perfect. And because I have a thing for chocolate & peanut butter, I added in some chocolate chips... for good measure!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 tbsp of salted butter, melted & cooled
3 tbsp margarine, melted & cooled
7 tbsp of creamy peanut butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Add peanut butter, butter and margarine to a bowl. Microwave for 30 second increments, stirring in between until melted. Let cool.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the four and baking soda.
4. In a large bowl, mix the melted peanut butter & butter with the brown and white sugar. Add the egg and vanilla, stir until combined.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Continue to combine until dough forms. It may be necessary to add a tablespoon of water until it comes together. Mix in chocolate chips.
6. Form into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
7. Bake 10-13 minutes, or until the edges are browned and center is puffy.
8. Enjoy warm with a glass of milk!
What are your all time favourite cookies?