Greek Stuffed Tomatoes
Whether you serve them alongside a fresh salad as a meatless weeknight meal or take them to a family gathering, these Greek stuffed tomatoes are easy to prepare thanks to Minute Rice's Ready to Serve Cups.
8 fresh vine ripen tomatoes
2 Minute Rice Ready to Serve Cups - Long Grain & Wild Fine Herbs
1 jar (170 mL) marinated artichokes, chopped
1 medium green pepper, diced
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 tbsp minced garlic
Salt & pepper to taste
Olive oil for drizzling (optional)
Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C.
2. Place two Minute Rice cups in the microwave. Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove.
3. In a large bowl stir together cooked rice, chopped artichokes, diced green pepper, crumbled feta, black olives, garlic and salt & pepper. Set aside.
4. Remove the stems from tomatoes. Using a knife, remove the core of the tomatoes. Scoop out seeds and any tough white core that may remain.
5. Scoop 2-3 spoonfuls of rice mixture into the cavity of the tomatoes. Place each tomato in a glass baking dish. Slowly drizzle each tomato with high quality olive oil.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tomatoes have softened.
7. Remove from oven and serve alongside a fresh summer salad or a piece of grilled meat. Garnish with a few basil leaves is desired.