My goodness, where did the summer go? I can't believe it's September 1st already. In just one day the kids will be back to school, the leaves will begin changing colours, and my favourite local fruits will be gone for an entire year.
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
1 tbsp honey
3-5 small nectarines, cut into quarters
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp spiced rum
Sprinkle of all spice
Fresh mint (optional)
1. In a small bowl, mix together mascarpone and honey until smooth.
2. Preheat oven to 350.
3. Quarter nectarines and place in a baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar, rum, and all spice.
4. Roast in oven for 30-35 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned.
5. Remove from oven and let cool.
6. To serve, spoon mascarpone onto plate and place roasted nectarines on top. Garnish with fresh mint if desired.
How are you enjoying the last of the local summer fruit? Have any recipes to share?